Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday's Thought

Ok ladies, now it is time to begin to think about what do you want out of this. We have now begun this community of women who want to get healthy, be fit, eat better and overall feel good. So what is your goal? What is it you are trying to obtain?

At one of my WW meetings they talked about setting out an outfit, pair of pants, bathing suit, etc. in your room. Something you want to wear again. Leave it out so you can constantly be reminded of your goal. A big part of weight loss is visualizing how you want to see yourself.

Fo me, my goal is to be as healthy as I can. I want to be in a normal weight range where my BMI is considered "normal". I want be able to go to the doctor without hearing about how I should lose some weight. I want to be active. This Summer I want to go run around the park with my girls, go swimming, bike rides, etc. I want to have the energy to do all of these things with them.

So what do you want to achieve?

6 comments:

Kelley said...

My goal is to work out-every week- minimum 3Xs.
My friend(you know who you are..is amazing and has lost about a zillion pounds. cant imagine she needs to loose more, she looks so good) joined Curves. So I did too. I hve been going each week. I still HATE it...I think of ways to get out of it every morning on my way to work out...but I still go. ( She says I will learn to like it) DId I mention the HATE working out part?

Anywho, its been about a month...I hve gone each week...3Xs a week and my BMI is already down. I can see the toning that is happening..which is good.

I still HATE going...but I will keep it up b/c its the right thing to do for me and my family.

Jaime said...

Kelley - I know how hard it is to go, but yu have to admit that seeing the results makes it worth it. Imagine if you keep going for six months, how will you look then? Keep it up! I know you can do it. I still HATE working out but I have accepted that it has to be part of my routine now. Eventually you come around to accept it. Plus as soon as Spring & Summer come you will feel more motivated to get outdoors.

Anonymous said...

After picking up my son from daycare today while driving, the sun was burning my arm making me a little uncomfortable and hot, which reminds me, summer is coming!! My goal is to not have to cover up everything this summer. Get my @ss up off the couch and computer LOL, start eating healthier, & drink more water :( so hard for me 2 do but very important. It's going to be hard but so rewarding.....

Christy said...

New to the blog, but I definitely need to lose some weight too. My goal is to feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't even like when my husband touches my abdomen.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Ok, here I am finally doing it.

I would like to start small. I am cleansing out my system while going on a NO SUGAR diet for the next week. NONE. Bananas even, all of it is off limits. It's for more digestive issues right now, but hey, you have to start somewhere!

MamaChing said...

Weight isn't totally my problem but I really hate working out! I know the weight will come off since I need just have a baby. My goal is to work out 3+ times a week. I"ll be doing cardio every work out day and then meeting with a trainer to hopefully get the results I want as far as toning up. If anyone wants to work out with me at University of Sports in Rohnert Park I'm game!