Saturday, May 10, 2008

Edamame

Want to punch up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet?


edamameeeeee



I highly recommend Edamame, which is just another name for SOY BEANS boiled in lotsa salt (yummy! lol) and served up on a platter. Hot or cold. Ok, or you can buy them raw and do what you like too.

I found this great article over here.

We bought some of these beans for the first time at Costco a month or so ago and ever since I have. been. hooked! I am telling you, I can't believe how great they taste and the Nutrition Facts of these little green fellas. Seriously... 8 grams of fiber in a 1/2 cup of beans? Can you beat that? 90 Calories? You'd have to eat like 2 Instant Oatmeals packs for that... and account for an extra like 200 calories.

So check them out the next time you are out and about. I seriously love them.

1 comment:

Bob Stein said...

My youngest LOOOVES edamames. But there's a pattern, she loves most anything that she can salt heavily, and those little salt packets in the Costco Edamames get used up fast.